– The personal information that we collect and how we use it.
– Our legal basis for doing so.
– Control and erasure of data.
– General amendments to our policies.
We will collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us.This is information about you that you give us by filling in forms on our site https://hero-and-leander.com (Hero & Leander) or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. It includes information you provide when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number, financial and credit card information, personal description and photographs as provided by you or requested by us.
- technical information via Google Analytics, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, and operating system and platforms.
- information about your visit via Google Analytics, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL), clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), pages you viewed or searched for’, page response times, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Social Media. We use four social media platforms. Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest and Twitter. We occasionally run advertisements on all of these platforms. We use identifiable data that you provide to these platforms in order to show you advertisements, based on information that we feel might be relevant to you. You should make yourself aware of these platforms own privacy policies to understand how they process your data.
- From time to time we run competitions either through email or social media. The email addresses that you provide us our kept within a Mailchimp list to contact the winners. All addresses submitted are retained by use unless you expressly unsubscribe or opt out from receiving future emails.
How do we use your personal information?
We use your data only for improving our service offerings to you and for creating content that we feel is relevant to all our readers. We do not offer personalization of content to you, nor business information, account set up or surveys. For that reason data that we collect, except for our email lists, and social media contacts are all anonymous.
What legal basis do we have for processing your personal data.
- Within the General Data Protection Regulations that are applicable after 25thMay 2018 our legal basis for processing your personal data fall within these areas;
- Legitimate Interests
- Vital Interests
- Public Task
- Legal Obligation.
In practical sense this is applicable under our data processing mechanisms through email consent that we obtain from you to contact you with communications, marketing or other matters that concerns us both. We do not use your data unnecessarily and we do not knowingly sell your data to third parties.
You may also clearly withdraw your user data by updating your preferences on any general communication emails that we send to you. Equally if you wish to contact us to discuss removal or amending of data, then contact us at email@example.com
If there is user data on our systems that serve no purpose to us, we will aim to delete it as necessary.
Our obligations to handling data are controlled by the GDPR. Some of the services that we may use such as Google Analytics and Mailchimp have servers outside the EU. In instances where this occurs we ensure that we do everything we can to protect your data within the EU. We also ensure, in the case of Mailchimp that we have appropriate data processing agreements with them. Mailchimp has certified to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework so we can transfer our contract’s data appropriately inline with EU legal requirements.
- You should check these pages occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy and our terms and conditions.
- We may notify you of changes to this policy [by email or through the our website] however, we have no obligation to bring to your express acknowledgement any amendments.
Your rights in relation to personal data
- You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of a fee if deemed necessary (currently fixed at GBP 20); and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity [(for this purpose, we will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)].
- We may withhold personal information that you request to the extent permitted by law.
- You may instruct us at any time not to process your personal information for marketing purposes.
- In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
- We may use Mailchimp for processing and maintaining customer email addresses if you give us consent to contact you or you contact us. Mailchimp is fully compliant with its data transfer from the EU to its US server locations and their own methods of data processing can be read at mailchimp.com/legal/privacy
- Cookies do not typically contain any information that personally identifies a user, but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies.
Linking to other websites / third party content
As qualified in our terms and conditions we link to other websites through https://hero-and-leander.com. This is no way constitutes endorsements or recommendations of the links, services or products of that third party and their partners.
Our details and how to contact us?
https://hero-and-leander.comis owned and operated by Hero and Leander Ltd. We are registered in England and Wales under registration number – 09679426.
The registered offices are 359A Hanworth Road, Hounslow, United Kingdom, TW3 3SQ.
If you wish to discuss with us how we process data and any other matters that are of concern to you, then please do us by writing to the above address or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.